Problems with weather files

All about WUFI 2D
Lerka
WUFI User
WUFI User

Problems with weather files

Post by Lerka »

Hi. I am running a bunch of simulations using different climates. I have come across two strange problems in the process.

1: Even though i am using a climate file with only one year of data (in this case Karasjok from the NBI/NTNU database) the results are altering every other year. I have posted a picture of my results here: https://ibb.co/GQggC2W
I tought that WUFI read the one year long climate file on repeat meaning that each year should have a somewhat identical shape.

2: when i start a simulation 01.august i get a maximum water content during the winter time and minimum at summer time. In my case this is completely wrong as it should be the other way around where the max value should occur during summertime and min at winter. However when i first run a simulation starting 01.february and afterwards run a new one starting 01.august i get correct results. Why is this happening, and is there an easier way to solve the bug i am facing?
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Problems with weather files

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hi Lerka,
I tought that WUFI read the one year long climate file on repeat meaning that each year should have a somewhat identical shape.
To check that the total water content may not be the right evaluation. Try to output the temperature, relative humidity or water content close to an exterior boundary, that should follow the outer conditions for sure.
2: when i start a simulation 01.august i get a maximum water content during the winter time and minimum at summer time. In my case this is completely wrong as it should be the other way around where the max value should occur during summertime and min at winter. However when i first run a simulation starting 01.february and afterwards run a new one starting 01.august i get correct results. Why is this happening, and is there an easier way to solve the bug i am facing?
That may be related to a bug in WUFI according to that the climate conditions are not always updated by saving. To ensure you can save your project, close WUFI, delete the *.bcli-files and reopen the case. The bcli-files should be created again by going to the processing window.

Christian