Inconsistent Flux Density of 0 ?

All about WUFI 2D
EOJeznacki
WUFI User
WUFI User

Inconsistent Flux Density of 0 ?

Post by EOJeznacki »

I am trying to run a basic model and compute flux densities. In past iterations with a version of this model this worked fine, but as I modified the model (simplified the geometry and the grid for sake of accelerating computation) I've noticed that flux densities for certain exterior surfaces read as 0 (actually 0, not just a graphing range error as I know can happen with capillary and diffusion flux densities). In this case I am computing heat flux density but certain materials (with the same orientation and boundary condition) have flux densities recorded in the result file while others do not.

For instance, the entire righthand side of the model has the same boundary condition yet only 3 individual surfaces, with multiple orientations, have heat flux densities recorded

Not sure exactly what's going on. Any input or guidance to shed light would be really helpful. Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (210.32 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Inconsistent Flux Density of 0 ?

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hi,
first: I would not reduce the grid that much to speed up the calculation, as by that the results gets more inaccurate.

Please check fluxes in WUFI 2D motion. There you can show them as arrows in their direction. Maybe the main direction of the fluxes is parallel to the boundary? Further check if the heat transfer coefficient for the boundaries itself is correct.

Christian
EOJeznacki
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Inconsistent Flux Density of 0 ?

Post by EOJeznacki »

Thank you! I was able to resolve the issue with your suggestions.