Air Layers & Balance issues WUFI 6

Michael Hurd
WUFI User
WUFI User

Air Layers & Balance issues WUFI 6

Post by Michael Hurd » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:26 am -1100

If the only issue that I see in a set of calculations is that the balances are off, no water accumulation, no convergence failures, no excessively high RH in materials, can I assume the calc's are ok? When I switch to the Air layers with the short names the balance issue goes away. IF I run the calc without ATSC I get convergence issues, ATSC cleans them up but the balance issue remains. Only switching back to the different air layers fixes it. I've had this happen multiple times with WUFI 6 - did something change that affects this?
Respectfully,

Michael Hurd

Michael Hurd
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Air Layers & Balance issues WUFI 6

Post by Michael Hurd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:39 am -1100

I continue to have issues with the new air layers in my calculations where use of ATSC does not resolve, adjusting the steps & stage does not seem to work, adjusting the grids does not work, etc. Several times I have had to revert back to the old air layers to get anything that resembles calculations/results from the older WUFI versions. The length of time required for calculations with the newer air layers is painfully long. I'm wondering if I am the only person that is experiencing these issues? I'm considering running all my calculations with the old air, despite the directions to use the newer versions. What is the drawback to using the old air? Are there other adjustments that I can try? Most of my wall assemblies I encounter have at least one air layer, many have two. I've read the posts on this issue, read the online help and still can't make the new layers work.
Respectfully,

Michael Hurd

Manfred Kehrer
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Re: Air Layers & Balance issues WUFI 6

Post by Manfred Kehrer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:14 am -1100

Yes I think using the old air layers is your best. I introduced the new air layers about 10 years ago as they are physically more correct and knowing they produce less mathematical stability and in the plenty of test runs I did it worked out mostly good
Manfred
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Official WUFI® Collaboration Partner for USA/Canada
Enjoy WUFI® :) .... It is easy and complex.