High humidity in the construction

K-A-R-E-L
WUFI User
WUFI User

High humidity in the construction

Post by K-A-R-E-L »

Hello,
is there any way of knowing how many days during the year the humidity in the construction is above 80%?

Thanks
Karel
Attachments
Humidity 80%.jpg
Humidity 80%.jpg (177.22 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: High humidity in the construction

Post by Christian Bludau »

Dear Karel,
that is not possible in the moment. Only way would be to export the courses as ascii and then evaluate that using excel or similar tools.
I will put that on our list for future development.
Christian
saricioglu pelin
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by saricioglu pelin »

Hello,
I want to ask a similar question about material water content and degradation of material level...when look at the picture after analyses i can see that XPS material deposit the water but in fact is this material have no pore...so how can it is possible or i think wrong ?
thank you Image[/img]
Attachments
water content_xpsli kesit.png
water content_xpsli kesit.png (69.97 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Thats not completely right. XPS has a lot of pores, but they are closed and thus the are nearly filled with water. So there can be a small water uptake depending on the boundary situation. As there is an internal moisture storage function used, the water uptake can be overestimated for this material. Please note that the XPS core should be used with the XPS Surface Skin on boths sides, as the core is more permeable than the skin. For more information see the materials info text.

Christian
saricioglu pelin
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by saricioglu pelin »

yes, now i reconstruct my wall section. And also if i add moisture source, would i add the 5mm of the layer of XPS core or XPS skin layer ? Another question is about assessment of the material degradations...Now, i assess the insulation materails about thermal conductvity function as means of rising the water content...as recommended in the guideline but for example cement lime plaster and other materails how can i assess about degradation ? Is it right compare upper moisture function (for example water content related to above %80 relative humidity) Is is right or not ?
Thank you.
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

The moisture source should be placed at the position, where you assume the water to intrude. If this for example my intrude in gaps in window sills, then enter it at this position. As no water can flow through the XPS, the source should not placed in there. In this case I would place it in the cement lime plaster or the outer layer of the masonry.
Regarding the evaluation of the mineral layers: As they are usually not harmed by moisture you may evaluate the frost risk. See here for evaluation of materials: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1623
Christian