Cooling demand difference

All about WUFI Passive
S.Ghinelli
WUFI User
WUFI User

Cooling demand difference

Post by S.Ghinelli » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:02 pm -1100

Hello,

after my static simulation I checked the results because I'm comparing them with PHPP's; from the check I did on the cooling demand calculation, I can see a difference that I cannot explain:

- from the detailed output (I've attached a screenshot) I can see I have 441 kWh/a of sensible demand and 38 kWh/a of latent demand. The sum in 478 kWh/a, so 2.3 kWh/m2a;
- on the other hand, in the summary table it's displayed 4.42 kWh/m2a (and this should be the sum of sensible and latent).

What is causing this difference? Could be a bug?

Thank you for your answer

PS: 4.42 is much more similar to PHPP's result.
Attachments
Immagine.png
Immagine.png (186.07 KiB) Viewed 7506 times

mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Cooling demand difference

Post by mpazold » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:41 am -1100

The shown value in the report the “Cooling demand – latent” is actually the value, the Cooling device can handle and actually not the demand. And this is used to calculate the shown two values below in the report (the 2.3 kWh/m²a). The final cooling demand for verification (4.42 kWh/m²a) is calculated with the correct cooling demand – latent. You also should have an warning reporting that the cooling demand can't be covered by the cooling system, so this might be the difference between 2.3 and 4.42...

This will be fixed in the next version (showing the cooling DEMAND - latent, even the cooling device can't handle it). Thank you four your post!