Internal Loads - Reference Quantity - PHIUS+ 2015 Multi-Family Certification

All about WUFI Passive
hbreaux
WUFI User
WUFI User

Internal Loads - Reference Quantity - PHIUS+ 2015 Multi-Family Certification

Post by hbreaux » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 am -1100

Can someone clarify for me the effect and proper usage of "Reference Quantity" with respect to "Devices/End use" in "Internal Loads/Occupancy."

It's unclear if the quantity, say, for a dishwasher should refer to the discreet number of dishwashers in the zone or should the reference quantity refer to the number of occupants using the device?

It makes sense to for the reference quantity to act as either a device total OR a utilization factor affected by the number of occupants, but there doesn't seem to be clarity within the program as to which to select.

Likewise, reference quantities for lighting, plug loads, and small applications per person seem to go either way. Is it number of light fixtures or number of occupants that gets us to a more realistic energy model?

Thanks in advance. A deeper understanding of these factors will help immensely. And, of course, let me know if I can clarify anything.

hbreaux
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Internal Loads - Reference Quantity - PHIUS+ 2015 Multi-Family Certification

Post by hbreaux » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:34 am -1100

Looks like I have found an answer to my question. See: http://www.phius.org/PHIUSplusdocs/PHIU ... _v1.03.pdf

To summarize "total zone occupant quantity" should be used for non-refrigerator appliances.