Create a short-term climate document

bamboo
WUFI User
WUFI User

Create a short-term climate document

Post by bamboo »

Hello! I wanted to import my measured climate files into wufi, and I found the file form in the WUFI tool, but the time format in the WAC file lasted up to two years. Then the KLI file must be entered in radiation and rain, it is not how to do? I would like to do a three-month composition of indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity of the short-term climate document how to operate? Thank you for your guidance and look forward to your reply!
bamboo
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Create a short-term climate document

Post by bamboo »

By the way, what exactly does “Azimut ”and “Inclination” mean and what should it say?
Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Re: Create a short-term climate document

Post by Thomas »

Hi bamboo,

WAC files can have any length, so I would recommend to use the WAC format for your short-term climate file.

WAC files with only one single hourly data line are possible, and WAC files with 30 years or more are possible, too. The tool for creating climate files has two years pre-defined, but it will automatically create a WAC file with a length which corresponds to the data you entered.

If you have three months of hourly data, this will be about 2190 hours (the exact number depending on the number of days in your three months). Just copy your data into the sheet, the tool will create a WAC file with the corresponding length.

Since you have indoor and outdoor data of temperature and humidity, create one WAC file for the indoor data and one WAC file for the outdoor data, then assign these files to the indoor and outdoor side, respectively, of the simulated component.

Please use the little drop-down list at the head of the humidity column to tell the tool whether your humidity data are expressed as a fraction (from 0 to 1) or as percent (from 0 % to 100 %).

If you wish to use the KLI format, you can enter both the indoor and the outdoor data in the same file. You have no measured rain or radiation data, so fill these columns with zeros. KLI files allow time steps which are different from hourly time steps; if you wish to use this, please read the description in WUFI's help file.

The azimuth is the compass direction into which the wall is "looking", for example a west-facing wall has azimuth = 90°. The inlination is the angle by which your building component is inclined with respect to the horizontal. For example, a vertical wall has inclination = 90°, a flat roof has inclination = 0°. However, as the tool tip for these text fields tells you (point the mouse cursor at the little red triangle in the corner of the text field) these data will be written to the climate just for information, it will not be used by WUFI.

Regards,
Thomas