wind speed

bamboo
WUFI User
WUFI User

wind speed

Post by bamboo »

There are some issues with importing my climate data. May I ask what is the unit of total solar radiation intensity measured (J/m2)? How can I convert it to the required solar radiation format in the WAC table? I'm not quite sure about the relationship between the two. In addition, the m/s of wind speed

I filled it in truthfully, but when I output the table, it shows that I have a column of spaces. What's the matter?
Thomas
WUFI Administrator
WUFI Administrator

Re: wind speed

Post by Thomas »

Hi bamboo,

the WAC file contains the average hourly radiation intensity in Watt/m². If the average radiation intensity is 1 Watt per square meter, this is the same as 1 Joule per second and per square meter. The total energy input after one hour (3600 seconds) is 3600 Joule per hour and per square meter. So if your data are in Joule per hour and per square meter, divide them by 3600 to have the result in Watt per square meter.

Please note that if you wish to include solar radiation in your simulation, you need both the global solar radiation and the diffuse solar radiation, otherwise WUFI can not use the solar radiation at all.

The conversion factor for m/s depends on what data you have. For example, if you have data in km/hour, then 1 km/hour is 1000 m in 3600 seconds, or 1/3.6 m in 1 second; in this case divide your km/h data by 3.6 to have them in m/s.

1 m/s = 3.6 km/hour

The climate data tool will not accept any empty cells in the Excel sheet. Maybe you left some gaps in the data, or mabe you did not start data input at the beginning of the data sheet.

Regards,
Thomas