Create a window in WUFI 2D

Crna
WUFI User
WUFI User

Create a window in WUFI 2D

Post by Crna »

Hey!
I try to create a reveal with WUFI 2D and have some problems with glas.
I took the material "Glas" out of the Catalog "Materialien für thermische Berechnungen".
When I enter "Processing" I get a warning that some data for glas are out of range (porosity, etc.).
Anyway, the calculation works - but the results aren´t correct.
Do I have to consider something else in handling with glas?
Thanks for your help!
Crna
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Create a window in WUFI 2D

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hello,
the meaning of "Materialien für thermische Berechnungen" is materials for thermal calculations. This materials do not include the properties needed for moisture calculations. So they are not really usable for hygrothermal questions. As there is not really a moisture transport in glass, you can use this values, but you have to adapt the values. For a window i would not enter eg. three layers of glass. I would model it with one layer and give this layer the properties of the whole window (effective lambda and really high µ-value). Usually you do not want to see what is happening inside the window in the gas.
Christian
Crna
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Crna »

Ok, thank you.
Crna
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by Crna »

Hey everyone!
I got another question concerning glas. My glas material has the following values:

Density: 2500
Porosity:0
Sp. Heat Cap., Dry:800
Therm. Conduct., Dry: 0,8
Water Vapour Diff.-Res.: 1000000
Built-In Moisture: 0

and the initial conditions: Temp: 20°C, Watercont.: 0, R.H.: 0

However, when I open the results with WUFIMotion the glas has a fluctuating and quite high Relative Humidity
(at the start of the animation the R.H. of glas is 1,0). I thought R.H. depends on the µ-value and (maybe) the porosity.
Is there another value which I have to keep in mind?

Thanks for helping! Crna
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hello Crna,
WUFI is always calculating with the temperature and relative humidity, even if the material is completely tight. If you do not enter a moisture storage function, WUFI is generating one depending on the porosity. RH of zero should not work, as well as porosity must not be zero. Please use a porosity like 0,00001 otherwise the moisture storage function can not be created.
Did your calculation finished with results, as using such values the calculation may not converge.
Christian