Calculate for only one (single) floor in WUFI Plus

All about the Software WUFI Plus
zdravac
WUFI User
WUFI User

Calculate for only one (single) floor in WUFI Plus

Post by zdravac »

Hello everyone.

For first time is for me to use that kind of software. Can someone tell me is it possible to define an object with only a one floor (calculation for the basement)? I can't find it. Maybe is such an option only for the professional version?

Thank you.
mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Calculate for only one (single) floor in WUFI Plus

Post by mpazold »

Hello zdravac,

yes, it is possible. If the geometries, which can be defined with the building wizard are not enough, you define the buidling (or story geometry) by vertices (right click in the 3D-model view) and use those vertices to define the building components (walls, floors, etc.). Or you can use the WUFI Plus Sketch-Up plugin, to model the geometry in Sketch-Up.
http://www.wufi-wiki.com/mediawiki/inde ... eeBuilding

You have to define the inner and outer boundary conditions of each component. One option for the outer side is "space with the same inner conditions". With this choice ,the climate of the simulated zone is set on both sides of a component. If you model only the basement, you might can use this option for the outer side of the ceiling. You can also define optional climates for the outer side, assumed in the above, or attached zones.
zdravac
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Calculate for only one (single) floor in WUFI Plus

Post by zdravac »

Thank you very much for your response. When you will have a time, I have more questions for you. I suppose it would be better to open a new topic?
mpazold wrote:Hello zdravac,

yes, it is possible. If the geometries, which can be defined with the building wizard are not enough, you define the buidling (or story geometry) by vertices (right click in the 3D-model view) and use those vertices to define the building components (walls, floors, etc.). Or you can use the WUFI Plus Sketch-Up plugin, to model the geometry in Sketch-Up.
http://www.wufi-wiki.com/mediawiki/inde ... eeBuilding

You have to define the inner and outer boundary conditions of each component. One option for the outer side is "space with the same inner conditions". With this choice ,the climate of the simulated zone is set on both sides of a component. If you model only the basement, you might can use this option for the outer side of the ceiling. You can also define optional climates for the outer side, assumed in the above, or attached zones.