Vinyl Siding

C. Furtaw
WUFI User
WUFI User

Vinyl Siding

Post by C. Furtaw »

I didn't see any data for vinyl siding. What source should I use for this material? The vinyl siding is typically used in home construction.
Thanks,
C. Furtaw
Charles E. Furtaw, P.E.
Achilles Karagiozis
WUFI International Support Team
WUFI International Support Team

Vinyl Layer

Post by Achilles Karagiozis »

The performance of vinyl depends on the type of vinyl system used(manufacturer dependent) . The type is dependent on the level of air tighness and amount of retention of liquid water at the back joint of the vinyl assembly.

Suggestion is to create a new material based on these two paramters. WUFI can not at present, without including the ventilation cavity effects simulate the performance of vinyl.

As an approximation create a material with very high air permeability and then parametrically assign different liquid diffusion and water retention properties. Calibrate the input with a small prototype, or ask the manufacturer to provide/supply this information to you.
C. Furtaw
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by C. Furtaw »

Achilles,
Thanks for your help.
Charley
Charles E. Furtaw, P.E.
holyspidoo
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Vinyl Siding

Post by holyspidoo »

Did you ever find something decent to emulate vinyl siding?
Lois Arena
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: Vinyl Siding

Post by Lois Arena »

Are there generic vinyl siding properties we can use for the sake of modeling exercises? I understand they will vary depending on manufacturer, but so do other materials. If anyone has some guidance on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lois