What is WUFI Plus?

All about the Software WUFI Plus
fostertom
WUFI User
WUFI User

What is WUFI Plus?

Post by fostertom »

What is WUFI Plus? As well as moisture, does it include whole-building 3D thermal modeling incl solar? How does it compare with EDSL Tas, IES, Bentley/Hevacomp, Hot3000, Ecotect, ESP-r, EnergyPlus etc? What price?
Sami Roikonen
WUFI User
WUFI User

Re: What is WUFI Plus?

Post by Sami Roikonen »

Hi,

Have you checked these pages?
http://www.wufi-pro.com/ --> Online Shop
http://www.wufi.de/wufi/WUFI-Familie_e.html#WUFIPlus

I haven't used PLUS, so I can't give you any more detailed answer.

-Sami
mpazold
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Post by mpazold »

A briefly summary: It is a dynamic whole building simulation model, based on the 1D hygrothermal component model of WUFI Pro. Different components coupled with a multi-zone building model. Regarding all heat and moisture gains or losses (across the building components, caused by ventilation, solar radiation,...), the heat and moisture balances in the zones are used to simulate the indoor climate. The indoor climate can be kept within design conditions by adding ideal HVAC systems. With them the heating-, cooling-, humidification-, dehumidification demand can be calculated. The ordinary simulation time step is one hour.
fostertom
WUFI User
WUFI User

Post by fostertom »

Sounds very good, adding moisture to the thermal simulation of the other 3D modelers I mentioned.

"based on the 1D hygrothermal component model of WUFI Pro" - does that mean that Plus effectively includes Pro? (which WUFI 2D doesn't).

What does Plus cost?

Does anyone have any comparison experience, WUFI Plus vs any of the ones I mentioned?

Constructing the 3D physical model is painful and tricky, in e.g. EDSL Tas - ease in that respect would be v welcome, incl maybe import from 3D CAD (e.g. Bentley Microstation) with or without GBXML format.