Thermal conductivity as a function of temperature

Talev
WUFI User
WUFI User

Thermal conductivity as a function of temperature

Post by Talev »

Hi,

As anybody has some experience how to make a diagram of thermal conductivity as a function of temperature ? I would like to plot the thermal conductivity as a function of temperature up to 1200 C. I have notice that WUFI accept up to 200 C. Is it possible to use some tricks with WUFI to plot it thermal conductivity - temperature up to 1200 C?
Can I treat as a worse case if I can put the value of thermal conductivity of 1200 c for 200 C? Will WUFI calculate thermal conductivity value for temperature higher than 200 C?

Look forward to hearing from you
Best regards
Talev Goce
Christian Bludau
WUFI SupportTeam IBP
WUFI SupportTeam IBP

Re: Thermal conductivity as a function of temperature

Post by Christian Bludau »

Hello Goce,
I checked that, you can enter temperatures in table much higher then 200°C. In WUFI 5.2 that seems to be a bug. The course is only displayed up to 200°C. But it should only be an displaying problem. For the calculation the whole table is used.
Install WUFI 5.3 (use your download link you got with the key). This is fixed.

Please keep in mind, that the transport equations are not thought to be used with high temperatures. This high temperatures cause very high vapor pressures (more explosion-like). This equations are thought to be used for temperatures maybe up to 60°C. Wufi will probably calculate something, but please be very careful with the results it produce. They may be wrong.
Regards,
Christian